Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I'm baaaack! :)

Hey folks! 
Sorry I've been MIA lately.  Life has been busy/time consuming lately. 
I found out that I wouldn't be starting my new job until 2/21 so I was going to have a week off from when I left my current job and when I started my new one.  I was super excited because I thought I'd have TONS of time for crafting. HA! Wrong! Charlie broke his foot and had to stay home for most of that week. So, I was the loving wife and nurse.  Or at least I tried to be. :) I also had some car trouble and had to take care of that, so I got NOTHING done. 

I started my new job on the 21st and I love it! Everyone is super nice! I really think I'm going to like it here.  I have my own office.  YAY! So, I decided to do a little decorating. I haven't done much and really most of it I didn't make but bought. I still need to bring in some pictures. Here's what I've got so far. (Excuse the pictures.  I took them with my phone.)


Pretty sad so far, but it's getting there. So, I'll break it all down for you.

I got this vase at the grocery store 50% off after Valentine's Day! It had a little chain around the neck that said "Be Mine", but I snapped that little puppy off. :) It was only $3!


I love this little guy. He makes me smile.  I went to the Dollar Tree the other day just to see what they had and stumbled upon this little guy while I was standing in line.  I found these other birds, but wasn't crazy about them.  I saw him on the top shelf behind the counter and asked the cashier if she could get me two! Originally he was beige with some tan distressing-ness.  I used some acrylic paint to paint him blue.  You can't really tell it but I etched a houndstooth pattern on the votive holder.  I cut the vinyl with my silhouette machine to use as a stencil. I got the books from my Father-in-Law's flea market stall.  I kind of like that one of them's Dracula because I love most things Vampire.


I know I need to work on the placement of these things, but that'll happen soon. Hopefully. I got the white dove from Goodwill for $1.  He has a brother at home that I'm going to use to decorate with at home.  It's actually a candle holder for a taper candle.  The brown bird is from the Dollar Tree.  I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do with him.  He has a holder for a tea light on his back. I just can't decide if I want to paint him or not. 


You will recognize the red and silver candle holder from my Valentine's Day decorations.  I made the houndstooth holder the same way and have had it done for a while, but didn't know where to use it.  So here it is! I love it! 

I hope you liked it! I'm pretty excited about having my own office and space to decorate how I want it. :)

<3,
Marlie

Linking up to these great parties!


6 comments:

  1. Love your blog...we have two kitties, both little girls, Emma and Kashmir. (Also love that little red vase, very smart of you to snatch it up)
    Just stopping by from Boost My Blog Friday, I'm your newest follower and I hope you will follow back.
    Monica
    http://oldermommystillyummy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want those little birdies. I loce bird decor!

    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. such cute birds!!

    abranconier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the little blue bird - he's really pretty! Oh, I wish we had Dollar Trees in Canada! I'm a fan of vampire lit, also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're my hero...I've been hitting every store I can think of to find a bird like that!!! Thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your cute little birdies :)

    ReplyDelete